Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tagged Under: , , , , , , , ,

8 NEW Treats for Dessert Fiends

Share
Crest Mint Chocolate Toothpaste

I'm a Crest loyalist, but I have my doubts about chocolate-flavored toothpaste. If I really wanted my breath to smell like chocolate, I'd eat a piece ofget thischocolate. Yet Crest claims the "rich, creamy cocoa flavor" is a calorie-free way to indulge, although I usually like to swallow my chocolate, not spit it in the sink. Skepticism aside, I'll probably be suckered into buying a tube, just to say I tried it. Or maybe I'll go for one of the other slightly more palatable-sounding flavors: Vanilla Mint Spark and Lime Spearmint Zest.




Cookie Dough Oreos

Who, you might ask, buys all of the bizarre flavors of Oreos that have come out over the last few years? Me, that's who. I'm a sucker for novelty products, and in this case, I'm legit excited, because two of my favorite flavors are colliding. These limited-time Oreos hit shelves February 3rd. I'll be the first in line.


Marshmallow Crispy Oreos

If you can get past the stupid nameno doubt, a way to avoid the inevitable trademark trouble of using the term "Rice Krispies"these Oreos sound just as promising as the cookie dough ones, as long as the marshmallow flavor is authentic, and not some artificial-tasting knock-off (like cheesecake ice cream, which is always a disappointment). These yummies also debut on February 3rd.



Starbucks Tiramisu Latte

Now that I have an Italian last name, I'm obligated to include the new Starbucks Tiramisu Latte, even though I actually hate the dessert. (Just don't tell my in-laws.) I also hate coffee, so I won't be trying this creation, which consists of espresso, mascarpone flavor, and cocoa espresso powder. Unfortunately for tiramisu fans, it's only being debuted in two cities this winter: St. Louis and Jacksonville, since, you know, those Floridians are the ones who really need a hot drink. 


Hershey's Spreads

My mom recently tried Nutella for the first time (a little late on that one, right?), and she loved it. Lucky for her, the food world has finally caught onto the whole hazelnut/chocolate trend, too: Hershey just released a Nutella knock-off, as well as plain chocolate and chocolate/almond spreads. I've yet to try them, but will probably buy a jar the next time I go to the supermarket hungry. 


Hershey's Chocolate Bar 3-D Printer

Don't get too excited, because I'm a little premature on this one: Hershey has partnered with a 3-D printing company to allow people to create custom chocolate bars. No word on when it's going to debut, or how much it'll cost. I foresee the world's first $100 candy bar. 


Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups

My mourning period for Butterfinger B&B's may officially be over. I'm a Reese's Cup fiend, and I feel confident the crunchy, Butterfinger texture will add an extra layer of intrigue to the classic candy. Expect to see a commercial for this new Nestle creation during the Super Bowl!


Dunkin' Donuts Heart-Shaped Cookie Dough Donut

I felt my heart skip a bit when I read the name of this Valentine's Day donut, but then I read the kind-of-disappointing description: The "cookie dough" is really just buttercream filling, with chocolate icing and chocolate chips on top. (Dunkin' claims the vanilla flavor is "similar" to cookie dough.) That doesn't sound like cookie dough to me. Alas, I'm still willing to take my chances.

0 comments:

Post a Comment