Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tagged Under: , , , , ,

Steal the Style: Cameron Diaz's Manhattan Living Room

Share


I was particularly excited to read my last issue of Elle Decor, which featured Cameron Diaz's immaculately styled NYC apartment on the cover. Part of my pleasure was, of course, peeking inside a famous person's place. But even better, I recently interviewed her for a story...and she was in this very apartment while we talked on the phone!

What I love about the place: Diaz chose a warm, layered color palette, yet still managed to create a sense of spa-like calm, without the typical white-on-white sterility. As a commenter on the Elle Decor website wrote, "Her home is an aphrodisiac of gorgeous textures, making it impossible to feel cold." 

I'm not crazy about the custom wall covering, which says "cheap Mexican-inspired hotel" to me, as do the pleated lamp shades, with their outdated A-line silhouette. 

These transgressions can be forgiven, though, if only because the splashes of buttery yellow are so delicious. Check out that chandelier! Yellow Murano glass? Amazing.

Want to steal Cameron's style, without the million-dollar price tag? Here's how:


Chester Tufted Upholstered Chair



Murano Glass Style Yellow Pendant Lamp Chandelier



HeatherBrooke The Galley Cocktail Table in Glazed Gold Iron

I kind of hate the overbearing cocktail table in Diaz's design. It's clunky, and screams "hotel lobby" to me (notice a theme: Parts of this room is really bordering on La Quinta Inn for me). So, in keeping with the elements of the design that I do like, I'd opt for this...


Calloway Light Beige Linen Tuxedo Back Sofa



East End Imports Loft Wool Armchair in Orange Tweed


International Caravan Seville Ottoman


White Ceramic Buddha Head

If this creeps you out (as it does me), any solid white statue will work.


Image by Charlie Kenya Decorative Pillow


Untitled, 1957 Framed Art Print by Franz Kline



0 comments:

Post a Comment