Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tagged Under: , , ,

Gingerbread Cookie Truffles

Share

I LOVE Christmas. But ever since I moved up north, I haven't gone all out with the decorations. I've set up a wimpy little Walmart tree, if that even counts. This year I decided it was time: I'm engaged, and Frank has a house (with a stocking-ready fireplace!) just begging to be decked out. So we bought our first real tree, had stockings embroidered with our names, and set up the Christmas village from my childhood in the window.

I was dying to share my decorations, so I invited a couple friends over for hot chocolate, a fire, and...

Gingerbread cookie truffles! 


Excuse my sloppiness. I hate coating truffles!

I've never been a big fan of gingerbread cookies, unless they're in the shape of a house. (My best creation: a gingerbread version of Graceland.) But, of course, being a huge fan of novelty Oreos, I had to buy Gingerbread Oreos. I was pleasantly surprised: They actually taste authentic (no chemical aftertaste, as you might expect), and the creme filling lends an extra layer of texture normal gingerbread lacks.



For the truffles, I crushed up the Gingerbread Oreos, combined them with cream cheese, and coated them with melted cinnamon chips. The cream cheese didn't undermine the rich, gingerbread flavor, and the cinnamon chips only enhanced the warmth of the cookies. Delicious.



Gingerbread Cookie Truffles

What you need
36 Gingerbread Oreos, finely crushed
8 oz. cream cheese, softened 
16 oz. Hershey's Cinnamon Chips 

Put it all together
  1. Thoroughly combine the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese. 
  2. Roll into 1- inch balls, then dip in melted cinnamon chips. Lay on a wax paper-covered baking sheet, and refrigerate until firm, about an hour.  
You may also enjoy...
Churro Cake Ball Truffles
Birthday Cake Oreo Bark  

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment