Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tagged Under: , , , , ,

Birthday Cake Oreo Bark

Share

I'm well aware that I just made Birthday Cake Cheesecake. But I think my recipe repetition is justified, because I FINALLY found Birthday Cake Oreos! I'd all but given up on tracking down the elusive cookies, assuming they were a very-very-limited-time release. But this weekend, when I was visiting my family in Tennessee, there they were, prominently displayed on a shelf in Walmart. Naturally, I snagged two packages. (Which means they'll be appearing in a few more recipes in the near future.) 


       I considered making truffles, but it was nearly 9 o'clock when I started baking, so I wanted something simple (and instantly rewarding). My solution: Oreo bark. It doesn't require baking, it hardens quickly, and it's so sweet I only need one piece to satisfy my sugar craving. 

       I incorporated cake batter into the recipe, which, as my boyfriend so kindly commented, made it taste like frosting. I think he (with his pitifully weak sweet tooth) intended that as an insult, but I consider it a complimentI could eat frosting by the spoonful. Now I don't even need the spoon.


Birthday Cake Oreo Bark

What you need
12 oz almond bark candy
1/3 cup yellow cake mix
12 Birthday Cake Oreos, crumbled
Sprinkles

Put it all together
  1. Break up the almond bark candy, and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat until melted, about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. 
  2. Stir the cake mix into the melted candy, then add the crumbled Oreos and gently combine. 
  3. Spread mixture to 1/4" thickness on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and greased lightly. Top with sprinkles. Allow to harden completely. (It should take about half an hour.)
  4. Cut into squares and serve!
You may also enjoy...

Birthday Cake Cheesecake
Funfetti Pie
Peeps Rice Krispies Treats

2 comments:

  1. I want to make this for my sons last day of preschool, what could I use instead of Almond bark becuz a few classmates have allergies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! You could just use white chocolate chips or white candy chips. Almond bark doesn't actually contain almonds, but you may want to check the label to make sure it's not made in a facility where nuts are processed.

      Delete