Lemon Cream Butter Cake
From Blackjack Bakehouse
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Zest of two lemons
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla
Zest of ½ lemon
1 cup powdered sugar
Put it all together
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9" springform pan.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, and zest, and stir until just combined. (Do not overmix.)
- Pour the batter into the springform pan. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Beat the cream cheese on medium-high until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, and beat until combined. Add the butter, lemon extract, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Pour the cream-cheese filling over the cake batter, leaving about ½" of the cake batter exposed around the edges.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the edges of the cake are puffed up and a toothpick poked into the edge comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool for an hour. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.