Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tagged Under: , , , , ,

Show Me the Chevron!

Share


When I moved into my last apartment a couple years ago, I picked up a pair of chevron pillows from the clearance pile at Kohl's. At the time, I didn't know what the pattern was called; I just thought it was zig-zag. But then, in the last year, the pattern started showing up everywhere, and I learned the actual name: chevron. I'm kind of obsessed (as is anyone with a flare for funky design).


As modern and playful as the pattern looks, it actually has roots in the military. The number of V's stacked on the sleeve of a military uniform indicates the soldier's rank or years of service. It wasn't until the 1970's that the fashion world stole the repeating V pattern; now, chevron has made a major comeback, appearing on everything from clothing to lamp shades to rugs. It even works as a paint or backsplash pattern! 








You may also enjoy...

1 comments: