Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tagged Under: , , , , , , , , , , ,

HGTV Hosts Then & Now

Share
My man, Pat Simpson.
I've been watching HGTV pretty much forever. But my first real obsession was Before & After, a home remodeling show that I watched every Sunday night with my mom. The host was Pat Simpson, a distinctly normal-looking guy, complete with a hard-to-miss set of bags under his eyes. That didn't stop me from stalking him, though: I had my parents take me to a home show where he was speaking. That was only the beginning of my HGTV addiction.

Since the days of Pat Simpson, the HGTV stars have undergone quite a transformation: The "regular folk" vibe of the hosts has all but disappeared, as talent that could be mistaken for celebrities have taken their place. 


Then: Joan Steffend, host of Decorating Cents 




Now: Sabrina Soto, host of Real Estate Intervention



Then: Clive Owens and Lisa LaPorta, hosts of Designed to Sell




Now: Jamie Durie, host of The Outdoor Room


HGTV.com
Okay, I'm pretty sure his show has been canceled, but he's simply too studly not to include. Consider this my petition for his return. 

Then: Chris Harrison, host of Designer's Challenge
meandhgtv.blogspot.com


Chris Harrison isn't exactly a "normal" guy, but I had to throw him in the mix, because I find it hilarious that the host of The Bachelor used to be on HGTV! (Poor guy can't seem to get a manly gig.) 

Now: Chris Lambton, host of Going Yard


HGTV.com

Apparently, we've gone from Bachelor host to an actual former Bachelorette contestant. 

Then: Michael Payne, host of Designing for the Sexes

michaelpayne.com


Now: Drew Scott, host of Property Brothers




Then: Suzanne Whang, host of "House Hunters"




Now: Nicole Curtis, host of Rehab Addict



Then: Sandra Betzina, host of Sew Perfect



Now: Emily Henderson, host of Secrets from a Stylist 

FamilyCircle.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment