Nobody wants a candy cane in their stocking. On Christmas morning, Reese's Trees, Andes Mints, and green and red M&M's get all the sweet-tooth glory.
So why not combine candy canes with chocolate?
As usual, I bought every seasonal mint treat I could find: Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses, Peppermint Marshmallows, and Candy Cane Oreos. I added all three of them to dark chocolate brownie mix. The brownies came out so incredibly gooey. Like, so gooey they stay that way even after they cool. They're not runny, but you'll probably want a fork to eat one.
It was all an accident.
|Those red dots are peppermint marshmallows!|
So, the Kisses all but melted into oblivion. What they left behind: an infusion of strong minty flavor and gooey delight! I wasn't disappointed. The Candy Cane Oreo crust provides a firm foundation, so they don't run everywhere.
What you need
1 box dark chocolate brownie mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 bag Candy Cane Oreos, finely chopped
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 bag Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses
1 cup Peppermint Marshmallows
Put it all together
- Grind the Oreos in a food processor until they're a fine crumb. (You can also place them a plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin.)
- Combine the Oreo crumbs with melted butter, and firmly press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir the brownie mix, vegetable oil, and water in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Finely chop the Hershey's Kisses, either by hand or in a food processor. Gently stir into the brownie batter, along with the marshmallows.
- Pour the brownie batter over the Oreo crust, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool at least half an hour before serving.